Unofficial "Blockout II World Rankings" goes live

Discuss about Blockout II from Jean-Luc, post your feature requests etc.
scblockout

Re:Unofficial "Blockout II World Rankings" goes li

Post by scblockout »

@amit:
Asking for more information from the users or improving the user<->score association requires some software enhancements, and unfortunately that\'s out of scope by now...
Some time ago I thought about using the \"comments\" field to enter a secret key or password (e.g. this forum password); that may be a way to relate your score to the forum user and display, let\'s say, your avatar or a link to your profile

@fredjust:
Maybe I can add that kind of filter in the main online score database page.
amit

Post by amit »

Boris wrote:Hello amit

that is a nice surprise :blush:
I didn\'t start playing for a place in \'ranking\'...
wanted to know how and why one can influence apearence
of *flush* in 3x3... couldn\'t do that in old BL.
for the math-purists this might be gambling. I love it :)
I\'d not like my complete adress shown in the rankings.
if rankings are cheat-free, real name is ok.
if *pause* is not, I hope speed isn\'t either.

greetings from Wuppertal,

Boris Franckowiak
hello boris

even i never started to play for a place in the ranking. i like to play in large pits with the extended block set & there is no world ranking for those setups. the only thing which i did for a improvement in the ranking is to start playing & posting some "out of control scores" recently to get into the top 5 in out of control. no.9 with a average of 281k isnt bad still

and even i dont know how can flush be influenced. although it is possible to get a series of x3s even in 3x3x7 flat. dont know about 3x3x6 flat

and i never said complete address. even if the ranking said something like "Name: Boris Franckowiak" "Location: Wuppertal, Germany" that would be enough to know about whos there in the rankings
Boris

Re:Unofficial "Blockout II World Rankings" goes live

Post by Boris »

<br><br>Post edited by: Boris, at: 2010/04/14 23:46
MRo

Post by MRo »

Hi Boris!

Am I missing something? Punishment? Slow speed?? Projections???
You also wrote some score comments about using Pause????
I am really curious - what is all this about?

Worum geht es dabei? Ich verstehe nur Bahnhof, echt keine Peilung.
Für mich spielt sich BO2 genauso wie das alte BO, vielleicht ein bißchen schwerer. ich hab noch nie gesehen, daß das auch langsamer geht. Das wäre auch übel. Das Schöne an BO2 ist ja gerade, daß man nicht mogeln kann, und die scores deswegen was wert sind.
Beim alten BO mußte man sich (auf blockout.de) mit hohen scores als Schummler verdächtigen lassen (Spieler willkürlich aufgeteilt in \"Leute, die die Scores auf normalem Weg erreichen\" und \"OOR\" - Frechheit!).

Schöne Grüße/Cheers,
Michael
MRo

Post by MRo »

OOR ist \"out of reach\". Weil die Leute von blockout.de sich nicht vorstellen konnten, wie jemand mehr als 280k bei OOC erreichen kann,
haben sie die Listen aufgeteilt in FAN (\"Spieler, die auf normalem Weg ihre Scores erzielen\") und OOR (\"Leute mit besonderen Fähigkeiten\" ... die ihre Scores im Gegensatz zu den anderen also nicht auf normalem Weg erzielen...)
Wie gesagt - Frechheit!

Hmm, also bei mir läuft BO2 gefühlt genauso schnell wie das DOS-BO.
Hat sich auch nie verändert.
Die erreichbaren Scores sind etwas niedriger, aber das ist egal,
solange alle BO2 Spieler unter den gleichen Bedingungen spielen.

Schöne Grüße,
Micha
Boris

Post by Boris »

Hi Michael,

das ist ja das schöne an den BLOCKOUT_2 - repay files - alles kontolliert. Habe gerade nochmal getestet: Geschwindigkeit normal.
Ich hab das Programm frisch auf meinem neuen Recher. Der will noch nicht so richtig. Wie gesagt, ich hatte den Eindruck... vllt war\'s nur das.

Grüße, Boris
amit

Re:Unofficial

Post by amit »

MRo wrote:OOR ist "out of reach". Weil die Leute von blockout.de sich nicht vorstellen konnten, wie jemand mehr als 280k bei OOC erreichen kann,
haben sie die Listen aufgeteilt in FAN ("Spieler, die auf normalem Weg ihre Scores erzielen") und OOR ("Leute mit besonderen Fähigkeiten" ... die ihre Scores im Gegensatz zu den anderen also nicht auf normalem Weg erzielen...)
Wie gesagt - Frechheit!

Hmm, also bei mir läuft BO2 gefühlt genauso schnell wie das DOS-BO.
Hat sich auch nie verändert.
Die erreichbaren Scores sind etwas niedriger, aber das ist egal,
solange alle BO2 Spieler unter den gleichen Bedingungen spielen.

Schöne Grüße,
Micha
hello michael,

even i dont understand the high score lists on blockout.de. what do they mean by the OOR(out of reach) category & fan category. the highest OOC score in FAN is about 239k & the lowest OOC score in OOR is about 268k. what about those people who made a high score of between 239k and 268k in out of control???

and another thing i cant understand is how come vanhaaften.lennart made some super high scores there. scores of 650k in 7x7x17 extended is unbelievable. even if someone started at level 8 and did about 43-44 lines(8 x5\'s & 3-4 x1\'s), still the score would be about 425k-450k(at most). and playing at level 10 is impossible on extended even after starting on an empty pit at depth 18. atmost u can get 2-3 lines on level 10 in extended. thats why i want to see the statistics & replays of vanhaaften.lennart\'s scores to see if they are really real

and getting above 280k on out of control isnt tough. i have shown that its possible even without x4\'s & x5\'s. when i made the 280k+ scores in out of control, there were 2 x4\'s, 2 x3\'s and 12 x2\'s. even with a series of x2\'s only at level 6, we can make 250k+ in ooc. and if someone does that at level 7, the score could be about 280k-300k. and level 7 is the fastest anyone can start on ooc. and a 400k+ score on ooc is possible
MRo

Post by MRo »

They probably set an arbitrary limit at 250k or 260k to separate FAN from OOR. They describe FAN category as \"players who reach their scores the ordinary way\" and OOR as \"players with special capabilities\", which in my opinion means implying the OOR players are cheating, i.e. reaching their scores NOT the ordinary way...

Maybe there were no scores submitted between the two you were mentioning.

Regarding Lennart Vanhaaften - yes, I too like to see the scores he could reach in BO2.
There is no way telling how he reached the astronomical scores.
It\'s easy to accuse him of cheating, but then we would be no better than the blockout.de guys.
Maybe he really is a lightning fast player, easily outclassing me.
Then it should be possible for him to repeat his scores in BO2, of course. Well, we\'ll see when he takes over the 5x5x* list.

^_^
amit

Post by amit »

blockout is one game where you dont lose your touch too soon. if lennart vanhaaften could make 600k+ scores on blockout and if they were real. i dont know about lightning fast speeds as speed has never been my strength. i am yet to achieve a BPM of over 40 in OOC. and if i have been able to start at level 8 and do 367k, then maybe a player with lightning fast speed could even have the ability to start at level 9 on x*x*18 on extended and make over 500k+. lennart vanhaaften probably started at level 9 there and on level 7 on OOC(this is just a guess, dont know if its true) and if those scores are fore real and he comes on BO2, then he should still have the ability to make over 400k+ and have a BPM of over 50.

looking at statistics & replays it will be easy to find out if the scores are real. the speeds increase by a factor of about 1.56 after every level in blockout 2. and a BPM of about 31 is required to play at level 8 on depth 18 & in level 9 on depth 18, the required BPM would be about 47, which is very possible to achieve. there have been some cases of x3s, x4s & x5s being done even on level 9 at depth 18 out here by some people. anyone who has BPM of over 50 can play at level 9 on depth 18 and that could be the way some people achieved 500k+ scores. the required BPM to play on level 10 is over 70 which makes it almost impossible to play at level 10 even on a empty pit. at drop speed, the required BPM is slightly lower than due to which getting 3-4 x1\'s on level 10 is possible, but you would lose control & leave some holes somewhere without knowing where you left them and the pit would get filled up soon forcing the game to end

i happened to talk to antti lahtonen(location: turku, finland) on facebook, who had made a score of 401470 in OOC on blockout. he said that he started on level 6 to make that and had never played blockout since 2004. i told him about blockout 2 and even after not playing blockout since the last 6 years, he still made 295k on OOC and beat my highest OOC score by about 7k. with some practice, antti lahtonen said that he could make over 350k+

there have been other players besides lennart vanhaaften with super high scores like andrej tsengov, ole kirner and some more who have made over 400k+ in some setups including a few in the FAN category also

@everyone, this post talks about EXTENDED blockset only
amit

Post by amit »

and to do a analysis of some of the blockout players out here who i feel can get the 400k+ score on EXTENDED. i saw some replays of the level 8 starts & 330k+ scores

MRo having a high score of 385k, can be 1 of those to achieve the 400k+ score. his BPM is over 45 and by starting at level 8 on a large pit size(17-18) and getting a series of x5\'s, MRo can achieve the 400k+ score. he almost achieved it when breaking my record on 6x6x18 extended getting 378k, but left a hole very soon and the pit started getting filled up. if the hole hadnt been left at that point and he had done about 48+ lines with a x3 at the end, then MRos score in that game would have been over 400k+

LRL, who plays 5x5x18 extended took a step backward. after having started at level 8 and done a score of 279k with a good start. he had about 130k points after playing about 400 cubes, but he lost it after a hole out there. instead of improving after that, LRL took a step backward and went back to start at level 7. if he had continued on level 8 start and improved his game, he could have made a 400k+ score on 5x5x18

Gosho, if he plays on a higher pit, of depth >16, then he can get the 400k+ scores. he has the BPM and the speed. its just that he needs to play on a large pit. someone who has made a score of 369k in OOC would be having the ability to make over 400k+ on a larger pit. and if someone has the BPM to play at level 10 on depth 12(flat fun) in flat, then with practice on extended, they can get the required BPM to play at level 8 & 9 on depth 16 or more in extended and with series of x4\'s and x5\'s there, even get the 400k+ score

Mai and Sacred, who have been able to start at level 7 in OOC and get 230k+ scores. Mai even made a score of 269k after starting at level 7 in OOC and has a BPM of over 55. Sacred also has a unusual technique and with a BPM of 49 and starting at level 7 and getting only x1\'s, he has been able to make 235k in OOC. this could mean that they have the ability to start at level 9 at depth 18. and to extend that in a higher pit after starting at level 9 and getting atleast x3\'s, they can get the 400k+ score(this analysis has been done based only on stats, not replays. i was looking at the OOC high score list after arranging it by BPM and found these people)

i havent seen each and every replay to suggest who can get the 400k+ score, but anyone who can make 300k+ in OOC or a 350k+(any setup in extended) can make a 400k+ score in extended

and also me, if i increase my BPMs to over 40(to get more drop points) and play at level 18 after a level 8 start and do 7 x5\'s without leaving gaps, then even i can get the 400k+ score and thats what i am trying to get. i should be able to reach there hopefully after a few months. its the low BPMs which i have which are preventing me to get the super-high scores and i know i have to improve my BPMs
MRo

Post by MRo »

The problem with large pits is that it takes so long to fill them, you need to keep your concentration for a long time.
Also it takes more keystrokes to move a block across the pit, that is my problem in 6x6x18 and 7x7x18 level 9.
I can\'t move the block in position fast enough if the pit is not empty.
The time for the first step, recognizing the block shape, only depends on the block set, not on pit size or depth.
The time for the next step, finding a place where the block fits, is influenced by several factors. A larger pit means more possible good positions, but also more positions to check. Sometimes I find 5x5 easier (less positions to check), and sometimes 7x7 (it always fits somewhere). Also, it takes longer if you want to plan ahead and keep a certain degree of order. That\'s why I can\'t start OOC at level 7 and get a good score.
The last step is moving the block in position. This gets harder with larger pits.
Also, one mistake ruins the whole run when you need all x5 to get a good score.

Bottomline: I like 5x5 best, larger pits games take too long and are harder to play at level 9 & 10.

^_^
amit

Post by amit »

MRo wrote:The problem with large pits is that it takes so long to fill them, you need to keep your concentration for a long time.
Also it takes more keystrokes to move a block across the pit, that is my problem in 6x6x18 and 7x7x18 level 9.
I can\'t move the block in position fast enough if the pit is not empty.
The time for the first step, recognizing the block shape, only depends on the block set, not on pit size or depth.
The time for the next step, finding a place where the block fits, is influenced by several factors. A larger pit means more possible good positions, but also more positions to check. Sometimes I find 5x5 easier (less positions to check), and sometimes 7x7 (it always fits somewhere). Also, it takes longer if you want to plan ahead and keep a certain degree of order. That\'s why I can\'t start OOC at level 7 and get a good score.
The last step is moving the block in position. This gets harder with larger pits.
Also, one mistake ruins the whole run when you need all x5 to get a good score.

Bottomline: I like 5x5 best, larger pits games take too long and are harder to play at level 9 & 10.

^_^
hello MRo,

your method seems to be right. even i follow the same method. and even i have found level 9 unplayable on depth 18. its only when the pit is almost empty, that i have been able to do some x1\'s at level 9. at the start of level 9, if the long straight pieces dont come to clear the layers, the game can end soon. and i have found 7x7 easier than 5x5. its easier to maintain a flat layer on 7x7 than on 5x5. and even after starting at level 8, i still found 7x7x18 easier than 5x5x18

and i have tried to start OOC at level 7, but never crossed 200k even. the best i could manage was 124k. a big reason could be my low BPMs. i am yet to get a BPM of over 40 in OOC. once i start getting BPMs of 42-43, only then i can think of starting at level 7 on OOC and get 250k+ scores. all my high scores were made starting at level 6 in OOC and today i just made a score of 309k in OOC

and the larger the pit, the more i seem to like it. maybe the reason could be that on larger pits, its easier to do x5\'s and also its possible to start at level 8 on larger pits
amit

Re: Unofficial "Blockout II World Rankings" goes live

Post by amit »

I finally managed a 400k+ score, a score of 414566 in 5*5*15 EXTENDED, about 4 years later than what I would have liked, but still better late than never :D

Regarding the BPM, I had a BPM of 43.3 when I made 400K, big improvement from the 37-38 BPM's I used to have 4-5 years ago. I got it on a depth of 15, I was expecting to get it on depths of 17 or 18, but I kept trying on depths of 14-16 as well

I hope with 1 400k+ score now, I end up making lots of 400ks now :D