booga's achievements thread

Discuss about Blockout II from Jean-Luc, post your feature requests etc.
boogaboo

booga's achievements thread

Post by boogaboo »

Hi!

I was an avid fan of Blockout, although some are certainly more gifted than me..

I\'m an Israeli (hi again) and always have a problem deciding what to play.

After a few sessions I think I\'ll take my best shots (and a bit learning from replays!!) in Out Of Control..

I just handed a game accepted as number 90 (..crimonlol) please view it.
It is a funny attempt to do 3-5 lines, even at the cost of starting at level 3.
I generally screwed up the game and rescued it repeatedly.. but it if very.. VERY funny..

I\'ll play some more in the next days, but I\'m a working man unfortunately, and also I have to play some Warcraft3 and Galactic magnate (monopoly)..
I really must play.
I must
what else would I do?!:woohoo:
Have fun good people and excellent programmers!
Herc

Re:booga's achievements thread

Post by Herc »

welcome and keep on playing! there are lots of players to beat ;-) place 90 is not bad for the beginning, but you can do much better!!

if you like tetris, you can also try http://www.gravytris.de

if you want to go hardcore, check by at http://www.tetrisconcept.com and search for \"Tetris the Grandmaster\". this game will give you a concrete, but very hard to achive goal: get a tetris grandmaster (GM) rank. for this, you must \"just\" place 999 tetris pieces in the pit and must do it in < 8 minutes. good luck :-)
boogaboo

Post by boogaboo »

Blah I was a visitor.. don\'t u put a cookie, sweety?
boogaboo

Post by boogaboo »

I\'m now storming the HoF with 2 respectable entries per table, starting with flat, 3X3X6..

and BTW, my games are signed \"crimon\".. not booga.

I see this forum is not widely used yet, since this the game isn\'t out for too long yet, but I rlly rlllllly love it.
it is a modern blockout, with internet high scores and replays being the most important new features IMHO.

I personally want to thank all who were involved in developing this.

Cheers.
Chaim Rimon (that\'s y I sign crimon..)
Herc

Post by Herc »

i can only agree: very very few games are that well designed, when it comes to internet functionality.

the replay feature and online highscore system is rock solid and exceptionally well done by jean-luc. better done than for example the \"official\" online tetris at http://www.tetris.com . this one does NOT have replays and highscores are not really secure.

as regarding the low frequency here in the forum: well face it: 3D tetris aka blockout is something for real experts, and there are few of them ;-) even most people from tetrisconcept, some of them who are tetris grandmasters, give up when it comes to 3D. too many imputs and too complicated 3d situations for most of them.

its a whole new dimension added to tetris, and this needs time to get mastered. so blockout will have a strong but and small , but very loyal fan community.

as such i also have to give up my plans for some higher banner ad incomes ;-) but hey - if at least the domain costs are compensated i am more than happy!
boogaboo

Post by boogaboo »

Thanks for the reply!

I was wondering why you chose FireBoard and not VBulletin? I got used to it ;)

I\'m half way through computing my first game and now I got my (second) person to ask for advices.. ;)

The game itself is far from finished, no server, no money.. yet!
It is designed to be an advanced version of Galactic Magnate.. a balanced (at least in 2 players..) monopoly :)

I\'ll keep playing although I\'m switching games too often now... when off work.. :S
Currently the switch is definitely 2wards BL2!
Herc

Post by Herc »

because fireboard can be easily integrated into the website framework wich is joomla here. i am not 100% happy with the current solution, because this website runs with the older joomla. now, joomla 1.5rc is out, but the wiki and afaik fireboard both do not run stable with the new joomla. and also i daubt that a transition to joomla 1.5 will work without massive amounts of work...

so this website will stay as it is for a long time now i think.

but if i had a chance for a new start, i probably would choose a login-free solution - something like the japanese people do (wakaba ch2 style anonymous forums and similiar stuff) but i think the time has yet not come, because the old school board style is still way to prominent here in europe and US.

but hey cool - you are programming a game, too? then yes - jean-luc is the absolute right person regarding security stuff.

if you release an alpha version , let me know, i will be happy to support you with webspace and or beta-testing.

what about you and 2d tetris? i can suggest you a strong drug: tetris grandmaster series. look here for how hardcore that game can get:

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=jwC544Z37qo

if you want a link where you can try out the game, write me an email at siralos [aatt] gmx.de, i will email you the download link.
boogaboo

Post by boogaboo »

Well, thanks, but 2D tetris was always a bit 2 boring, especially when I knew 3D is around.

I like complex games.. pure speed isn\'t exactly it for me ;)

I\'ll post here if I get anything important done with the game.. in the time I have off work.. and b4 the next war.. :woohoo:
Herc

Post by Herc »

hey, nice blockout story! but the link to your friends website doesnt work. can you repost it here ?

\"next war\"? what do you mean with that?
boogaboo

Post by boogaboo »

The link does work.. most of the time I guess..
and \"next war\" is not hint.. next war..
like .. Syria.. Iran..
Herc

Post by Herc »

well - in what way would a new war affect you? are you a soldier? but lets hope that everything keeps stable there. we really dont need any more trouble imho... i still cant imagine that billions of billions of dollars that were burned, literally. with that bunch of money that was burned just in iraq, we easily could have settled the moon and flown to the mars. ahh. stop. no politics on a blockout forum ;-)

anyway - i like your idea regarding organizing blockout scores. maybe also in a way like the map in second life. the more green dots, the more scores / people played that mode.. and maybe with mouse-over and some ajax / web2.0 a small subwindow should popup and load+show the scores fast without reloading.. lets hope that jeanluc shows up sometimes again here.
boogaboo

Post by boogaboo »

no politics ;) (until the war)

I hereby announce I reached the first of 15 milestones - 20% of Flat is accompanied by my scores (all of 3X3, 3X4, 3X5).

I now have a bit of fun seeing what I can improve in the records I\'m not number 1..:side:<br><br>Post edited by: boogaboo, at: 2007/09/26 23:54
boogaboo

Post by boogaboo »

After days of work, I beat FREDJUST\'s number 1 on 3X3X6 ... YEAH!!!!!

I hope the next ones aren\'t that hard to beat..