Blockout on Mac OS X?

General Discussions about Blockout.

Ursus

Blockout on Mac OS X?

Post by Ursus »

I\'ve played Blockout since it came out and consider myself a veteran. But now i have a Mac and would love to be able to play it on that too. I have searched the forum but i cannot find an OS X version or a description on how to to port the Linux Version. I am not an expert in these things, can somebody please help me?

Please, i love this game, the ONLY one that really meant something to me.

Bjorn
Herc

Re:Blockout on Mac OS X?

Post by Herc »

please, try to find an expert programmer for macOS. blockoutII should be very easy to port, you just need to find someone who does the porting.
Cherubi

Post by Cherubi »

Seems like I\'m somewhat wanting as a programmer, as the best I could do was write the whole game myself. :blush: ...although at the moment the buttons are still in finnish as no-one\'s expressed an interest in english buttons, and it\'s somewhat unlikely that the scoring is exactly like in Blockout II.

But it\'s an .app :)

http://www.cs.helsinki.fi/u/jetuomin/bl ... glish.html
bacbka

Post by bacbka »

Hi!
Thanks for writing the programme for mac: I\'ve been playing the game since we had our first computer and really missed it when bought a mac.
If you had time, it\'d be amazing to have buttons in English, as I keep pressing them randomly and possibly not doing it right.
Another question, on my favourite settings (3*3), the base looks \'triangular\' - or is that me seeing it wrong?
Thanks again
Cherubi

Post by Cherubi »

Hi!

Absolutely wonderful to know someone is using my game :cheer:

I have other projects but this certainly put BlockOut on top of the others. As school work still goes ahead of personal projects I\'ll have to see if I can add english buttons next weekend. My brother has already made a language program so I should just figure out how to glue it in :huh: I\'ll post here when I\'m done.

About the \'triangular\' view, I wasn\'t quite certain what you meant. I\'ve posted a few pictures of how I see the game but if it looks different I would probably have to see what you see.

http://www.cs.helsinki.fi/u/jetuomin/3x3.png
http://www.cs.helsinki.fi/u/jetuomin/Empty.png

If those look in some way wrong you can tell me what looks wrong or how to possibly fix it.
bacbka

Post by bacbka »

Hey!

Thanks for coming back - I wouldn\'t want this to get in your way of working, it would just be great to have them at some point B)

I took a screen shot of the \'triangular view\', definitely looks different from what you see! Is that wrong setting on my side?

Best, V Image<br><br>Post edited by: bacbka, at: 2013/02/12 12:40
Cherubi

Post by Cherubi »

Hi,

I\'m certainly starting to understand how someone might see that as triangular :laugh:

A quick fix would be if you click \"Asetukset\" at the bottom, then from the opening view click the button underneath \"Syvyys\" (depth) and choose a smaller value from the buttons that appear on the right.

But I\'ll have to see what I\'ve been thinking when designing the graphics on depth. Thank you for finding this bug!