Deleting score...? Good idea.

Discuss about your high-score, playing strategies, ...
Azeret

Re:Deleting score...? Good idea.

Post by Azeret »

Hi!
I think you are absolutely right. There are some players (Sidon for example) who upload all their scores and spam the list. I guess it\'s not the point to see them everywhere..
Be well :)
LoGaN

Re:Deleting score...? Good idea.

Post by LoGaN »

Hi Azeret,
your example is perfect.
If I was admin I\'ll update the score list. System could keep only 3 scores and detete worse ones. But I\'m not admin. ;) Have a nice day.
delacroixp

@ LoGaN

Post by delacroixp »

\" If I was admin I\'ll update the score list. System could keep only 3 scores and detete worse ones. But I\'m not admin. ;) \"
Even 1 unique score per player should be more than sufficient.

It\'s all good !
:):evil::sick:
Pascal<br><br>Post edited by: delacroixp, at: 2009/01/26 02:21
Herc

Re:@ LoGaN

Post by Herc »

well , you all are right - there must come a solution.
its just a matter of time. dont worry, it will come.
i have already contacted jean luc, and he sent me a possible implementation. i just need some time to implement it.
LoGaN

Post by LoGaN »

Hi Herc, thank you for your reply. It sounds good. Have a nice play.
gumby

Post by gumby »

Just an idea...

Score upload should use the same username/password as in this forum. This way everyone should be able to re-upload his scores, once the current ones are deleted. Uploading will require registering to this forum, but that is not really a problem. The user/pass could be entered where the comments are, for example (or in the options/HTTP screen, with an option to remember it).

Also, the score limit (3 for each setup) sounds fine...
LoGaN

Post by LoGaN »

Yes I agree with gumby. Good point. That is next problem, what I didn\'t mention.:s_wink:
MRo

Re:Deleting score...? Good idea

Post by MRo »

I think delacroixps suggestion is great.

Having only one score entry per user per setup/list is perfectly ok.
Why would you want to appear in a ranking list with
anything less than your current personal highscore?
And why appear more than once?
So you can be 1st, 2nd and 3rd at the same time?
That\'s not the way international championships work, IMHO.

gumbys idea of making the score database accessible for registered
forum users only sounds interesting, but also like a lot of work to implement.
Also, even if registering is no big deal, it may be a tad too much
for some users and keep them from uploading their scores.
Not to mention a potentially higher rate of \'cannot upload, what\'s the problem\' support cases.
Also, going through a score list and removing all but the highest entry (or highest 3 entries) with the same name should be possible without the need for complete deletion and re-uploading.

^_^<br><br>Post edited by: MRo, at: 2009/01/31 19:31
Herc

Post by Herc »

hey MRo, first, a happy welcome to the board and the world of blockout !!

MRo, i agree with you. score upload only for registered users is not a good idea. this might be to annoying for people who do not like to remember multiple different passwords and login names.

but an alternative would be that you could OPTIONALLY use your forum account and password to upload the score, and that way have a more prominent score display - maybe plotting highscore entries of registered users in bold, and adding some more details like your forum avatar.

the problem though is that its ALOT of work, and that jeanluc, the programmer of blockout, currently has no time to do that. but that feature was already planned.

hopefully jean luc will get into the mood and time of enhancing BLII lateron.
Three3K

Post by Three3K »

Hi there,

This unique name scores widget/gadget shows only the highest scores per unique name. It\'s called Box Out All.

You can change the block set and pit dimensions in the widget and press \'Go\' or you can set default block set and pit dimensions by changing the widget\'s settings. This way you always have the unique name scores at hand.

See this video on Youtube.

Enjoy!

Regards,
Three3K<br><br>Post edited by: Three3K, at: 2009/04/08 14:18
jlp_38

Post by jlp_38 »

Hi,

Thanks for your job :) That\'s great ! I believe your are using the getscore.php script to get the data. If you are interested in, I can write a more complete PHP script that should allow to display other info such as BPM or other values not available from this script.
Just let me know which data/format you would like to see...

Jean-Luc :s_wink:
Three3K

Post by Three3K »

Thanks!

I use Yahoo Pipes to collect data from scoredate.php and choose.php. I didn\'t know about getscore.php, but it will probably make things easier for me.

I\'m not working on it right now, but if I need more details in the future I won\'t hesitate to ask. Thanks for the offer!

Regards!
Three3K