Flat fun

Discuss about Blockout II from Jean-Luc, post your feature requests etc.
Lieven

Flat fun

Post by Lieven »

Apparently, it is easy to get continuous empty pits with flatfun, by arranging the blocks in a specific way.

Could someone remove the scores exploiting this bug? FREDJUST score should be on nr 1.

Probably the way the blocks are chosen should be altered. Perhaps a larger bag size?

Or how about having a bag size which has every block twice. When half of the blocks are gone, every block is entered again just once.
Herc

Re:Flat fun

Post by Herc »

yeah. maybe double bag size, or the randomizer that is used in the professional \"tetris the grandmaster\" tgm series from arika:

1. keep a history of the last 4 pieces.
2. choose a new piece randomly
3. if new piece equals one of the pieces in the history, goto 2; repeat this goto max 6 times
4. if piece has landed, add it to history, and remove oldest from history. FIFO buffer.

this is called 4 history, 6 rerolls randomizer. it seems to have optimal properties for tetris and probably for blockout too. see www.tetrisconcept.com .

of course, history size and rerolls need to be tweaked according to number of blockout pieces.
Renato

Post by Renato »

I fully agree :dry:
Renato

Post by Renato »

By the way, It is very genius of KAP to discover this way of playing. First he has to see the sequence, than he has to discover how to place the pieces to get an empty pit. Really admirable. I think in one or the other way he deserves a reward
boogaboo

Post by boogaboo »

OMG :ohmy:
Is this gonna change soon?
I see it may apply to any pit multiple of 25..

perhaps each 5 lines on 4X5 .. ?
Anyway like cartman use to say ... it\'s WROOOOONG!!! :sick: