Something looks fishy with Gondran's highest score in OOC

Discuss about your high-score, playing strategies, ...
amit

Something looks fishy with Gondran's highest score in OOC

Post by amit »

Gondran recently made a score of 456455 but on checking the replay while things seem normal initially but it can be seen at levels 7,8,9 and death level, the blocks are falling much slower than normal and it's tough to get anything over 50 lines in OOC, but Gondran made 63 lines and was able to play normally at death level too

Also people who have made scores of 400K or more have BPM of 43 or more but Gondran's BPM is just 33.4 in his high score. It seems like Gondran would have done something to slow down the speed which made blocks fall much slower than normal

If this score is allowed, it will be very unfair to people like me, Alistair Crowley and Michael Rothe who have made 400K+ on OOC here by the hard way
Herc

Re: Something looks fishy with Gondran's highest score in OO

Post by Herc »

thanks for reporting ! Gondran is now ... gone !
amit

Post by amit »

Herc wrote:thanks for reporting ! Gondran is now ... gone !
Gondran's highest score in OOC and some other modes are still there

http://www.blockout.net/blockout2/advst ... reid=67152

http://www.blockout.net/blockout2/score ... h=*&rank=1
Herc

Post by Herc »

ok, thats interesting. i used the fake-score detection script - and that found alot of fakescores from gondran.
so he seems to have found a method to bypass fake-score detection. well - then i need to take a deeper look.

thanks for reporting !

--
i deleted all scores by gondran. i dont have time for checking individual scores.

a message do Gondran: please play fairly without any form of cheating !
otherwise, you destroy the mere purpose of highscores and the fun of this little friendly competition here with blockout.
Renato

Post by Renato »

Hi Herc,

Good to see you're checking this forum once in a while. Also for me it's the first time since a while visiting the forum :(
There are still a lot 'Gondran Scores' in the Extended games.
Your request to him to play fairly apparently did not impress him a lot :(

Above all I wisch you a happy and healthy christmas and a very happy and again healthy new year.
Amit, as you are from India you probably will not celebrate Christmas, but I believe new year for you is also on January the 1st. A happy and healthy new year too!!

Renato